Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Random thoughts triggered by leaks of govt secrets recently

Today i was simply browsing around the web for WikiLeaks sites. Well, its true its none of my business. I'm in no way connected to any of the controversies and the people around them. I'm just a stupid, jobless, half crazy, good for nothing house wife who has been addicted to the internet for a couple of years now. But I do believe in democracy and the betterment of humanity. Why else would i be bothered of what our politicians do to our government and what our governments do to us? Whatever happens to people in far off places, like Julian Assange and the RTI activists who are being murdered, that try to bring out truth might not affect me directly but they have a major influence on the way I think and try to plan for my future. I am who I am because of what I think, right?

I even wonder why they risk everything to bring out the truth when no one cares. Not even the common man they're trying to help. Look what happened to Tehelka for exposing high level corruption in the Defence ministry. No one cared. And the recent Radia Radio and cablegate issues? We're just gossiping about them, just like we gossiped about Sneha-Srikanth, Shilpa Shetty-Richard Gere, Sourav Ganguly-nagma.

From what I've seen here in the state or the nation in general, people seem to not think, not because they can't. they don't want to. The corruption of this DMK government can't be that invisible and I know we are not that blind. But how come some people still seem to believe the old man is a selfless saviour of the Tamils? How can they be so dumb to believe Karunanidhi when he speaks of his love for the Srilankan Tamils? Everyone seems to enjoy the exclusive, first on tv, breaking news culture of unethical journalism just for the sensationalist propaganda. No one's really interested in the issues. Culprits are let off the hook openly and no one asks. They - corporates, officers, politicians, even defence personnael - continue to be corrupt with the whole world watching but no one questions.

Maybe that's how human civilization has been working since the dawn of, well, civilisation. People stopped questioning and sticking to a priciple and standing by it. Had they been any different, there might not have been mass killings of free thinking women, wars and deaths in the name of religion, and so many other conflicts that were covered up which led to many myths and legends in this age.

Isn't it hypocrisy to talk of democracy and freedom of speech and human rights and other such stuff when people who claim to endorse them, fail to protect them and end up murdering the same. Especially, the West. They push their chest up every time thay say 'western civilisation' but their history has the most number of 'silencings', the latest being Julian Assange's silencing. I was always drawn to the so called conspiracy theories about the Holy Grail, UFO sightings, Atharvana veda that endorses Tantrika, Freemasonry and so much more. I thought that was because of the amount of history, conspiracy and art and philosophy these stories contain. That belief of mine was strenghtened by Dan Brown's books. Now, I think I knid of see the truth of how the human civilisation actually works. We are still animals that blindly follow the people in command. No, not blindly but brainlessly. Because that's easier to do than join the other side, where the biggest pillars of modern human civilisation, reveal themselves to be nothing more than cat poop.

I'm one of these ignorant people I hate. i can't do anything, not even to atleast satisfy my yearning to do something great even if it goes invisible. I don't have the brains or the talent. But I guess I'll be silently suffering everytime I see such ignorant idiocy and that's everyday, and do nothing to change it.

And I've got to say this too.
My dear family, its not true that ours is the best culture with the best ways to live. People of every other culture believe theirs is best too. And that doesn't mean anything, honestly. And to answer that frequent question of the one person among you, yes, sometimes I do wish I was never born, but at other times, I also believe I'm a tiny bit better than you in a few no so important things. 

1 comment:

miradha said...

Hey nice article...You have a great writing style.