Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Aaron, my ex fiance

Okay, don't imagine stuff. I'll first announce this. I have never met anyone named Aaron, in real life. I am unaware of any possible celebrity with that name. Possibly, the only male character's name starting with A that I remember is, Andrew Paxton, Ryan Reynold's name in The Proposal. And I remember that name because I saw it for the 4th time just yesterday. Now to Aaron.

I love that name of course, because Aaron Stewart is the name I've given one of my male leads. This post is actually about a dream I had two nights ago. It was on the night of the Malaria Day celebrations I think, that I unconsiously wrote a poem after a really long time, a prayer to the Goddess. I was really happy about that fact and hoped my writing, my only best friend in this lonely world, won't desert me until I publish this one book. In fact, the desire to publish is the only reason, I'm writing whenever I could steal some alone time. We went home, talked and slept.

In my dream, I was at my aunt's place, remembering 'good old days'. For some reason, i was in a very bad phase of my life and I suddenly remembered my engagement with this guy called Aaron (the character i had created), who happened to be my aunt's sis-in-law's son. (There's no son, only a daughter Samantha, whom I had visited just the day before) Someone says in the background that I would have been better if I had married him not forgotten him. Well, it was so real, I was regretting that I forgot my true love, until i woke up. After I did, I laughed. You may think what was funny, but I was the one who saw it all. I had heard and read about writers living with their characrters, like Sujata used to write a lot about Ganesh and Vasant conversing with him. It felt stupid and also great to experience the same thing. I sometimes think like Anjana, sometimes wonder how I was going to make her fall in love, as I had never had a first-hand experience. Hell, i never even believed in 'love' till I started writing this story. Sometimes I wonder what was going on inside Viswanathan's head, about his love-hate relationship with his daughter Anjana. How do insensitively conservative dads react when their daughters bring home an American boyfriend? So many things in my mind. But i'm enjoying writing this story that is moving as fast as the laziest turtle can. Aaron? My ex fiance? Seriously! Hahahahaha

1 comment:

miradha said...

Hey...Keep writing..Having a whale of a time reading your blogs...I revised the posts in the blog site, "Stella Maris..Shine on my life forever." It was like reliving my UG life.